The Photography Application and Research Center, FUAM, has been founded within Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, by the faculty members of the Photography Department in 2014.
FUAM aims to;
– Support artists working with photography in the contemporary art world in which photography is used extensively.
– Organize workshops, seminars and exhibitions, ensuring coordination with local and international organizations and initiatives.
– Carry out researches on photographic archives and also create its own archive.
– Create new projects, working on combining photography with new technologies and disciplines.
– Contribute to the development of Turkey’s photography environment also through creating publications on all these activities.
FUAM had executed the project “The Establishment of Photography Design Development and Production Laboratory” by the support of Istanbul Development Agency, between 2015-2016.